The Feasibility & Proposals department is looking for qualified interns to support our Informatics team in our Cincinnati office during Summer 2023! The informatics team utilizes informatics principles and techniques to architect, mine, analyze, and visualize clinical trial data to inform study design choices for pharmaceutical development. This internship will provide intensive informatics experience in query-based programming, data interpretation, and visualization creation.
The Informatics team is a highly collaborative team with members in both the Cincinnati and London offices, which provides interns the opportunity to work directly with international employees. The informatics’ internship / co-op program was launched Spring 2021 and has a formal 2-week intensive onboarding process followed by a mentored path to independence for students. Daily activities include whiteboarding sessions, group-think meetings with the London team, independent data exploration, and programming for custom data queries and structures. Students have weekly meetings with their supervisor, whom they interact with daily. They also receive the support of analysts on the team for various projects, as needed. This team emphasizes an open learning environment for students and employees to learn from each other and accomplish innovative projects. Students will become proficient-to-advanced in R and introductory-to-proficient in SQL during this experience. Students will also have the opportunity to work with software and systems including: PowerBI, Excel, Snowflake, and ArcGIS.
- Customization of programming scripts for data management
- Creation of standardized operational procedure documents
- Contribution to design and delivery of data visualizations
- Collation of data for proposal support requests
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's or PhD degree in computer science/engineering, biomedical engineering, health information, statistics, bioinformatics, or related field
- GPA 3.5+
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience programming with R, or other computer lanaguage
- Introductory Microsoft Excel skills
Medpace is a full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO). We provide Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Our mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its scientific and disciplined approach. We leverage local regulatory and therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, employing more than 5,000 people across 40+ countries.