This is an exciting opportunity to join Biostatistics efforts supporting Natera’s product portfolio of cutting-edge molecular diagnostic tests. As an intern in the Biostatistics team, you will have the opportunity to acquire hands-on skills and experience applying your statistics background to aid in the design, analysis, and reporting of clinical trial or analytical validation experiments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our validated R library and analysis dashboard.
- Support Biostatisticians analyzing data from diagnostic studies
- Learn and perform relevant statistical analyses (e.g., sample size, power, agreement, precision, LoD calculations) for validation studies of varying complexity
- Aid in the development of statistical software tools (R function writing, package development, Shiny app development)
- Adhere to statistical best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Statistics or a related field at an accredited college or university, ideally within one year of graduation
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software such as R (preferred), SAS, JMP, or Python
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Previous R package and Shiny application development and documentation
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Ability to perform power and sample size calculations
- Experience with hypothesis testing and calculating/interpreting confidence intervals
- Ability to visualize and report statistical analysis findings
- Exposure to next generation sequencing (NGS) and genetic data analysis a plus
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
What We Offer
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For More Information
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page