At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat, and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
Janssen Scientific Affairs (JSA), LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a summer intern to work with the Medical Information and Knowledge Integration (MIKI) team at the Horsham, PA location.
The MIKI organization is a team of healthcare professionals with product and disease state expertise in various therapeutic areas and products across the Janssen portfolio that lead in the strategy and development of scientific content to provide customers with valuable information that could have a direct impact on patient care and enabling patient-focused decision making. The summer intern will work with the MIKI team and other business partners with a focus on helping to develop customer materials for use in response to unsolicited medical information requests, conduct literature searches, provide literature surveillance, review documents for medical accuracy, assist with advanced scientific inquiries, and participate in selected Medical Information projects as they arise. In addition, the intern will have the following opportunities:
• Understand the value and different roles within the Medical Information team (Therapeutic Area and Payer & Health System teams) and the impact it plays in the current healthcare system
• Collaborate in a cross-functional team setting
• Develop scientific writing skills
• Develop competency in the analysis and interpretation of clinical data and drug literature
• Prepare and conduct presentation on a clinical trial, product, or disease state of interest
• Gain familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry
Expected hours: Position involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour work week) in Horsham, PA.
• Undergrad seeking Bachelor’s Degree or currently pursing graduate degree that has an interest in gaining pharmaceutical industry experience, including scientific writing, interpreting medical literature, and project management.
• A minimum 3.0 GPA is required
• Must not be a Freshman or a Senior graduating prior to program end date (Seniors must be willing/allowed to extend graduation date)
• Highly proficient in MS office suite
• Exhibits strong analytical and evaluative skills
• Can demonstrate leadership skills in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong planning skills, capable of handling multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities
• Position will be based in Horsham, PA and involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday-Friday (a 40- hour work week)
• Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location
• Housing is not provided; there is no reimbursement for interview-related expenses
• Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US. without requiring visa sponsorship
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.