Denali is seeking a motivated graduate student for an internship position in the Biology Discovery group to gain meaningful research experience in blood-brain barrier and CNS disease biology. This is a hands-on laboratory position with abundant opportunity for collaboration with other researchers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn new research techniques and apply these methods to support therapeutic and exploratory projects.
- Work under supervision of Denali scientists to design and conduct experiments to elucidate responses of targeted therapeutics in mouse models of Alzheimer’s disease and understand large molecule transport in the CNS
- Perform hands-on experiments (such as immunohistochemistry, microscopy, ELISA, western blot, RNA extraction, and more)
- Generate, analyze, and interpret data, including documentation in an electronic lab notebook
- Present work to Denali project and function teams
- Candidates pursuing a MS/PhD in neuroscience or related field
- Previous experience in a research lab, either through previous internships or research fellowship, with immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and western blotting experience preferred
- Motivated, proactive, and organized with strong communication skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Start Date: Summer 2023
- Length of Assignment: 10 - 12 weeks
- Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Job Type: Paid Internship