Electro-Active is looking for an intern interested in gaining research experience in a fast-paced, startup environment to assist with research and development of a microbial electrolysis system for production of hydrogen from food waste. The intern will assist in the execution of research projects as well as the maintenance of research equipment and laboratory facilities. The ideal candidate will have a highly successful academic record, experience in laboratory work related to microbiology/biochemical engineering, high attention to detail, and the capability to undertake independent research tasks. An interest in sustainability and next-generation renewable energy technology is a plus.
- Execute research experiments by following standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Assist in care of research projects and troubleshooting of bioelectrochemical systems
- Prepare materials to support experiments
- Prepare and communicate results and analysis of the executed experiments
- Ensure data quality and integrity of assigned experiments
- Wet lab experience required
- Background in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemical engineering, with experience working with biological systems preferred
- Ability to conduct testing procedures from written instructions with precision and accuracy
- Knowledge of general laboratory and industrial safety and potential hazards including proper protective clothing, chemical containment and biosecurity
- Ability to work with, or learn, proper use and care of common hand/power tools
- Bachelor’s degree (or in pursuit of) in an engineering discipline (e.g. Bioprocess Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Engineering,).
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Location: Knoxville, TN. Relocation package will be provided. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates with less experience may be considered for internship positions.